Nitric Oxide May Be The Most Important Supplement You Never Knew About
By: Edward G. Loniewski, DO, FACOS, FAOAO
Nitric Oxide (not nitrous oxide which is laughing gas) is one of those supplements not many people have heard about such as vitamin C or D. However, it is by far one of the most important supplements we need to provide optimal health especially for those contemplating a stem cell therapy.
What is Nitric Oxide?
Nitric Oxide, abbreviated NO, naturally occurs in our body and is very important to many biochemical pathways in our bodies. These pathways include:
- Cardiovascular regulation of blood pressure
- Relaxation of important vessels of the heart
- Prevention of platelet aggregation and development of blood clots
- Neurotransmitter for cell to cell communication
- Increasing blood flow to the brain
- Improving erectile dysfunction
- Dilating lung vessels
- Regulating the control of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal system
- Increasing blood flow to the kidneys
- Modulating t-cell immune system